DownloadsCharta der Vielfalt (pdf)
What we offer
DZ HYP as an employer
As a leading real estate bank in Germany, DZ HYP offers comprehensive financing solutions for real estate projects – whether for commercial, housing, municipal or private investment. Trust, competence and partnership form the basis of our business, which we have operated successfully for many decades in one of the most important economic sectors. We leverage our particular strengths: professional, regional and regional proximity to customers. DZ HYP operates in a dynamically developing sector that offers the best prospects. Real estate is – and remains – a key component of urban development and economic growth. Our lives and work revolve around real estate. Hardly any other sector of the economy offers as much relevance and continuity, as well as great potential and challenges at the same time.
DZ HYP is a multiple-award-winning employer. We employ more than 850 people at our head offices in Hamburg and Munster (Westphalia), and in various other locations throughout Germany. Historically, we have close cultural ties that are rooted in the Cooperative Financial Network, which we belong to as a subsidiary of DZ BANK. We focus on the wellbeing of employees, as we know that our success is based on a corporate culture that promotes partnership, dialogue and performance.
We operate a comprehensive health management programme, and extend numerous offers that improve the work-life balance. These include flexible working hours, as well as child care opportunities and external support in the event of emergency situations. It is important to us that family and working life are not incompatible in the lives of our employees, but instead are complementary or mutually enriching. We are a bank with a personal touch. We know one another and work together in a partnership structure with flat hierarchies. Whoever experiences us recognises that we carry out our work with great enthusiasm, team spirit and conviction. Flexibility and innovation capacity, a high degree of commitment and personal engagement are the secrets to our success. Those who choose in favour of DZ HYP are consciously deciding in favour of a working environment in which they are visible. We extend trust and create scope for acting and working independently.
And this is what many of our employees say:
It goes without saying for DZ HYP that...
- We operate in a challenging environment. Our tasks are therefore challenging and varied.
- We are one of the leading real estate banks in Germany and command an important competitive position in our business divisions.
- Our business offers very bright prospects. People will require property in the future to live in, to work in and to spend leisure time in – our business as a provider of real estate finance will be relevant in the future too.
- As a member of the Cooperative Financial Network, we have a strong refinancing capability at all times that allows us to remain capable of acting.
- Our stable business model offers our employees a high degree of security.
- Each individual employee can make a difference and contribute to the success of the company.
- We are characterised by the cooperative structure. We work together in a partnership structure with flat hierarchies, and always keep our feet firmly on the ground.
But there is so much more that makes your working life more pleasant at DZ HYP.
- We systematically invest in your ongoing development.
- We promote a healthy balance between career and family.
- We offer flexitime working as part of a 39-hour week.
- We have established a holistic health management system.
- We offer an occupational pension.
- We make payments to employees' savings schemes.
- We subsidise your public transport season ticket.
- With JobRad, we offer you the option to lease service bicycles.
- We offer healthy, tasty and inexpensive meals in our canteen.
- A big company party is held once a year, at both head offices.
Short communication channels and open doors
Our most important communication instruments are short channels and an open door policy. DZ HYP has a corporate culture of flat hierarchies and direct conversation. Rather than paying lip service to this, it is reflected in daily life. New colleagues are amazed by the personal atmosphere we foster. Hierarchical levels are not evident in the inflection but rather in the content of a conversation. We attribute great importance to our employees’ opinions. Regardless of how long an individual has been working at DZ HYP, and at which decision-making level – that person is important to us. We give everyone the opportunity to engage, in their own personal way.